Monday, May 27, 2013

Coulda Shoulda, Happy I didn't. I


In less than 36 hours I will go home for two months.

The last time I went home was for 10 days for Christmas, and the time before that was the Christmas before that.

Needless to say I am excited.

This post was originally about how much I love my family and how going home is important no matter how old you are or how long you have been away, but we have all seen enough bad Christmas movies that tell that  tale.

No this is about the future that wasnt.

Three years ago I got a letter.

The type of letter that makes or breaks lives, a college acceptance letter.

When I applied for college I got all my application fees waived so I applied to every school I could, I applied to my local Sac State, all the UC's, and a bunch of art schools. How that happened can be read here.

And like hundreds of thousands of students around the globe I applied to the Ivy league. Its kinda one of those things you do just because every one else does, not actually because you think it will amount to any thing, its like asking the hottest girl in school out, if she says no its no, but if she says yes ohhh you could be in for something most only dream of.

Well I applied along with other members of my class, and then promptly forgot about it.

But someone else didnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment